Eyas is composed of the following sections
All eyas object, components, settings start with the prefix eo (eyas object). Using this prefix is a wildcats allows all components to be searched for from the canvas. Three flavors of components are typically offered. In order of complexity they are
To access the different flavors the user may right click on a component and select the flavor.
Most components are defined with optional parameters. An optional parameter of a component is enclosed in parenthesis. The user does not need to redefine these options.
Attributes allow the user to assign object attributes to grasshopper objects or alternatively to modify existing attributes of rhino objects. In addition, the user may filter grasshopper objects by the values of the attributes. Filtering can be used to obtain sets/groups from attribute values. Filtering can be applied to multiple attribute values using principles of logical operators AND OR NOT. The microwave component allows the user to modify attributes of existing rhino objects, bake new rhino objects or for custom preview of grasshopper objects.
Components fur working with data primarily through instantiation of data tables. Data tables are composed of records, where a record has a key, field name/s and associated field name/s. Data can be filtered and viewed in real time through a data table view. Components for Serializing and de-serializing grasshopper objects to text that can be stored in data tables other
- Live view of filtered data
- Live exporting of data to CSV, excel
- Copy data from clipboard to csv format
- Serialize and de-serialize objects directly to text for export to text file or database
Dictionaries are the basic building blocks of Eyas. Dictionaries allow the user to index any type of grasshopper object such that associations can be defined through a key value pair assignment. Volatile grasshopper data can now be indexed. Once a dictionary is created it maybe accessed at any time on the canvas by using the library component. A dictionary is automatically assigned a unique name which is scopes at a canvas and document level. Dictionaries may be referenced and scoped from documents outside the current instance of a document.
- View key assignment of values stored in a dictionary
- Assign field names and field values to a dictionary value
- Filter dictionary by key/value/field name
Extreny low latency components for reading and writing to excel. Data is written as a stream of records. A record is composed of a series of field names and field values separated by user defined delimiters. The user can assign custom settings for reading and writing excel data. Data may be written or read by defining ranges by
- Cell value
- Cell or range name (local/workbook scope or global/workbook scope)
- Table name (always global scope)
- Range definition
- Origin definition
- Offset definition
- Write excel formulae including references to named ranges and tables
Comments supper reading and writing of headers for the data as well as reading only data filtered by an excel table.
- Ordering geometry by user defined axis systems including Cartesian, polar and cylindrical, both local and global
- Ability to replace rhino geometry with new geometry without affecting attributes and guids
- Advanced plane transformations through rotatins of x y and z axes of a plane
Components for working with the operating system including file management.
Components for unit conversions and numerical formatting including fractional display